Pomegranates are a superfood with seeds rich in Vitamin B, potassium, folic acid and iron.
If you don’t mind giving up the beneficial fibre from the seeds, you can drink pomegranate juice to get some of the same health benefits. Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and therefore great for protecting your body from free radicals. A pomegranate salad is great way to work this superfood into your diet and enjoy the many health benefits.
Ingredients (use organic whenever possible):
- Generous handful of baby salad or spinach greens
- Small handful of sprouts
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1/4 cup crushed raw walnuts
- Sea salt to taste
- Place baby greens and sprouts in a salad bowl.
- Cut pomegranate in half and pop out the seeds onto the greens.
- Cut grapefruit in half, remove peel, chop into bite sized pieces and add to salad.
- Crush walnuts and sprinkle over the salad.
- Dress with balsamic vinegar and the juice of half a navel orange.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
Want to receive articles like this one on helpful topics related to cosmetic surgery as well as how nutrition, skincare and exercise play a part in helping you look your best? Subscribe to my blog, The Cosmetic Surgery Insider for free and receive the articles straight to your inbox. Rest assured your email address will remain confidential and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Dr Naveen Somia