As you age you may notice a wrinkle here or a wrinkle there however did you know the eye area demonstrates ageing in 3 key ways? Medical, Visual and Practical. This blog will help you identify eyelid ageing and find out more about what you can do about it.
1. Headaches - particularly tension headaches in the forehead area.
2. Neck pain.
3. Eyebrow elevation or arched eyebrows.
4. Overhanging skin on the upper eyelids touching the eyelashes.
5. Restricted visual field and eyelid heaviness at the end of the day despite glasses.
1. A hollow look.
2. Tired and sleep look.
3. Eye bags, fatty bulges and crepey skin.
4. Reduced eyeshadow space.
5. Negative social comments "you look tired".
1. Glasses don't work after a few hours.
2. Difficulty reading in dim light.
3. Difficulty driving at night.
4. Restaurant menus are hard to read.
5. Run into objects in your peripheral field.
You may have noticed some of the above or all of the above. Eyelid rejuvenation surgery may assist in the relief of the above in combination with a rejuvenated more youthful look. If you are not ready to consider surgery there are non surgical options available for the treatment of eyelid ageing.
To find out more please see our page on Drooping Eyelid surgery To find out if eyelid surgery is right for you, please contact our office to arrange a consultation.
As always, no procedure is without risk. A discussion of all potential benefits and complications should be held during consultation with a certified Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
If you have any other questions or concerns about plastic surgery or the procedures plastic surgeons perform, send an enquiry on our contact page and we will do our best to help.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends using the social media icons.